Volaris cancellation policy: Have you ever been in a situation where you needed to cancel your flight with Volaris Airlines but weren’t sure of the rules and regulations? Or maybe you just wanted to know what the refund process looks like in case of a canceled flight?
Don’t Miss: United Airlines Cancellation Policy
Volaris Cancellation Policy Brief
If you need to cancel your flight with Volaris Airlines, you’ll be glad to know that the airline has a very generous cancellation policy. You can cancel your flight up to 24 hours before departure without penalty.
If you cancel within 24 hours of departure, you will forfeit the full cost of your ticket. However, if you have a refundable ticket, you will be able to get a full refund by contacting customer service.
Volaris Cancellation Policy For Domestic Flights
Assuming you are referring to the Volaris Airlines cancellation and refund policy, here is everything you need to know about domestic flights:
If you need to cancel your flight, you can do so through the Volaris Airlines official website, Volaris.com, or by calling the customer service number at (844) 880-0283. However, Please Note The Below Situations:
- If you cancel your flight more than seven days before your scheduled departure, you will be charged a $50 fee.
- If you cancel your flight within seven days of your scheduled departure, you will be charged a $100 fee.
- If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of your scheduled departure, you will be charged a $200 fee.
- If you do not show up for your flight, you will be charged a $300 fee.
Must Grab:- Southwest Airlines Sale Flights
Grab Now: Air Canada Flight Booking Deals
Volaris Cancellation Policy For International Flights
Well, Volaris flight tickets will be non-refundable. If you will not follow the guidelines. So, let’s have a look at what is there in the Volaris Cancellation Policy for International Flights.
- No refunds will be there in the case of a “No Show”.
- A passenger can not ask for a refund If he/she fails in requesting the changes or cancellations in the last 4 hours prior to flights.
- Name change for Volaris International flights is available at the last 4 hours before the flight departs.
- As per the Volaris Cancellation Policy free cancellation is possible within 24 hours of booking.
- To get a 100% refund of your ticket amount. You must cancel your Volaris Flight Tickets within 24 hours of purchase.
- However, As per Volaris’ 24 Hours Cancellation Policy. There will be no change or cancellation fee.
- But a customer has to pay the fare difference while requesting a schedule or city change.
Phone Number To Cancel Volaris Flight Tickets
Well, Any passenger can request Volaris Flight Cancellation within 24 hours of booking. By calling the below numbers as per their region.
Volaris Phone Number For Mexico – 01 (55) 1102-8000
Phone Number For USA/Puerto Rico – 1 855 VOLARIS (8652747)
Volaris Phone Numer Guatemala – 502-2301-3939
Costa Rica Phone Number Of Volaris Airlines – 506-4002-7462
Volaris Phone Number El Salvador – 503-2504-5540
Volaris Nicaragua Phone Number – 505-2251-2198
Don’t Miss:- Can I Cancel Southwest Flight And Get A Refund?
However, make sure to keep the below things handy before you call Volaris Airlines customer care. The required details include:
- Your flight confirmation code.
- PNR – That is an alpha-numeric reservation code from the airlines.
- Your complete name as per the flight tickets / PNR.
- The registered number is required as per the Volaris Cancellation Policy.
- Last but not the least, Your registered Email ID.
Don’t Miss: Volaris Airlines Brief Intro
Will I Get A Refund If Volaris Canceled My Flights?
In order to get a refund from the airline. You may be asked to present a copy of an Official Govt. ID, Bank account, or any other document that can be helpful in identifying. That the refund is processed in the correct account and the correct passenger as per the PNR.
- Refund completely depends upon the total cost of the flight ticket.
- Airlines always cancel the complete trip. That means Volaris customer care is not able to cancel a single segment.
- However, In the case of round-trip flights. A passenger is not allowed to cancel a single journey.
- There should be no check-in whatsoever. if you are looking to get a refund.
- You will get the refund on your actual payment source card. But in case, If your source card is not accepting the refund. The airline may ask you to provide some additional details to process your refund.
- However, there may be a delay from the bank in displaying a refund in your account.
Get Now: United Airlines Reservations
Volaris Cancellation Policy For Packages
So, If you book your packages with Volaris Airlines. That includes Flight + Hotel + Car, Then the complete refund will depend upon every single service provider. That is involved in providing the package to the passenger.
But to check the refund time. A passenger can call any number from below. As per the purchase made and your city/state of residence
- For all the purchases at Paquetes-volaris.com – Call Mexico Phone: 01 800 040 4300
- If you purchase the package from Hoteles.volaris.com – Call Mexico: 001 877 396 6197
- Volaris USA Phone Number (English) – 1(888)850 3958
- Volaris Spanish Customer Care – 1(866)9381297
- Passengers from Costa Rica Can Call Volaris at – 08000 121 800
- Volaris Guatemala Phone Number – 1 800 624 0128
- However, Spanish Customers from outside the USA – +34 91 27 68 614
- English Speaking Customers from outside the USA can Call – +44 20 3320 2609
Don’t Miss: United Airlines Customer Service FAQ
Volaris Phone Numbers For Cruise Bookings
- Volaris Mexico Toll-Free Number – 01 (800) 744-6935
- Mexico Local Phone Number (To Skip The Queue) – +52 (9982) 833-236
- Volaris USA Toll-Free Number – 1 (855) 252-6894
Summary: Volaris Cancellation Policy
Well, Like every other mainstream airline in the USA. Volaris also has a 24 Hours risk-free cancellation window. As per that, If you cancel your flights within 24 hours of booking. You are entitled to a complete refund. But make sure not to check in through online or offline methods.
So, If you read the above information. Then you can see that like other airlines’ long and complex policies. Volaris Cancellation Policy is quite short and simple. That does not include many ifs and buts. Just for the sake of its passengers.
Thus, Here Is A Short Summary To Understand Everything In One Go.
- If you make the reservations through a third-party travel agency. Then you have to call the same agency for refunds.
- Volaris can not cancel or refund any third-party reservations.
- A passenger can ask for free cancellation and a refund within 24 hours of booking.
- But in case the flights are in the next 24 hours. Then a passenger can ask for cancellation at the last 3 hours prior to the flight schedule.
- The above-mentioned policy is just for domestic sector flights with Volaris Airlines.
- Volaris will not be able to cancel a particular segment. Instead, a complete reservation will have to get void.
- In the case of unflown segments. You have to inform Volaris Airlines prior to scheduling a flight. So that the airlines can take upheld your remaining segments. That you have to fly.
- Canceled unflown segments are not eligible for refunds whatsoever.
What Is Volaris Flight Cancellation Fee?
Well, No adequate and complete information is there regarding the same. But as per our travel experts. The cancellation fee for domestic flight tickets may cost you between $70 – $100 per passenger. On the other hand, For International flight tickets. The Same may cost you between $100 – $500 per passenger. However, It is advisable to get the exact and sufficient info. Please visit Volaris Airlines Official Website at Volaris.com
Volaris cancellation In Case Of Flight Overbooking
If you’re unfortunate enough to experience a canceled Volaris flight, there’s no need to worry. The airline offers a full refund for any cancellations, as well as a rebooking at no extra cost. However, it’s important to note that these policies only apply to international flights. For domestic flights within Mexico, different rules apply.
As for rebooking, Volaris will do its best to accommodate you on the next available flight free of charge. But if that isn’t possible or convenient for you, they’ll issue a voucher for future travel that’s valid for one year.
Again, these policies only apply to international flights – so if your plans change and you need to cancel or rebook a domestic Mexican flight, be sure to check their website beforehand for the most up-to-date information.
Flights Departing From Mexico And Central USA
As per the applicable law in Mexico and Central USA. Volaris has to inform its passenger about flight overbooking. By calling its passengers at the contact details provided by the passengers.
However, As per the law of the respective country. It is mandatory that Volaris Airlines inform the passengers as soon as it becomes aware of the flight overbooking.
In the case of flight overbooking. Volaris has to call all the passengers that are ready to compromise for their flights. But obviously in exchange for the agreed benefits from the airlines.
Thus, If the seats got vacant. Then the minors, Pregnant women, and Senior citizens will get the priority boarding opportunity
Book Now: United Airlines Reservations $89 Flights
Volaris Airlines Refund Policy Brief
Volaris Airlines offers a full refund for ticketed flights within 24 hours of booking if the reservation is made 7 days or more prior to the departure date.
If the reservation is made less than 7 days before the departure date, Volaris does not offer a refund but will allow you to change or cancel your flight without penalty.
Once your cancellation is processed, you should receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. If you do not receive this confirmation, please contact Volaris customer service.
Depending on how you paid for your flight, it may take up to 7 business days for the refund to appear on your statement. If you used a credit card, you will also be charged a $25 processing fee.
Don’t Miss: United Airlines Customer Service FAQ
Volaris Refund Policy For Domestic Flights
- If your flight is within Mexico, you may cancel it and request a refund without penalty up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of departure, you will be charged a penalty of $25 USD for domestic flights or the equivalent amount in Mexican pesos.
- But If your flight is canceled by Volaris, you will automatically be refunded.
Volaris Refund Policy For International Flights
For international flights, Volaris Airlines will refund the full amount of the ticket if the flight is canceled at least 7 days before departure. If the cancellation is made within 7 days of departure, then the customer will only receive a 50% refund.
No refunds are given if the customer does not show up for their flight. For changes made to an international flight, there is a fee of $75 if the change is made more than 7 days before departure.
If the change is made within 7 days of departure, then there is a fee of $100.
Compensation That Airline May Offer Upon Cancellation
- Passengers can ask for a complete refund of the ticket amount.
- Airlines will provide a minimum of 25% of the ticket value. But after deducting the flown segment.
- Passengers have the option to take a later flight to the same destination. But the airlines have to arrange the flight as per the convenience of the passenger.
- In the case of Volaris flight cancellation, the Airline will provide complete transportation to the passenger at no additional cost.
- A free meal to the passenger in the case of waiting for the next flight at the airport will be given.
- A passenger is liable to ask for free accommodation at any nearby hotel.
All in all, Volaris Airlines provides one of the most friendly and convenient cancellation and refund policies among all airlines. With a range of options for how to receive a refund in case of a canceled flight, you can rest assured that you won’t lose out on your hard-earned money if anything unexpected happens or changes to your travel plans.
It is important to be familiar with the process and procedures before canceling any flights so that you can make sure that there will be no unpleasant surprises when it comes time to request a refund.